Sunday, April 21, 2013

We run DC!

I can not believe that we are only one week away from our Nike race in D.C to run to cure blood cancers. My experience with Team in Training has been amazing. I never would have believed that I would have raised as much money as I have so far and it is just incredible how giving people are. We had many events and fundraisers through out the last few months. They have all been very successful and my teammates have been great through everything. We definitely have kept very busy with preparing for all of our events, runs and training. We have ran through rain, sleet, snow, ice and now warmer temperatures and are totally prepared for what ever mother nature throws at us next week. I want to personally thank everyone for all their support in helpiing me to reach my goal and I know one day soon there will be a cure. Please pray for a safe race next weekend and know that we are all running to make a difference in the lives of others and especially for those that can't run! We can't wait to put on our green and purple tutu's and wear our honorees names proud on our backs next Sunday! Go Team! Go Nike!
Love,
Kelly
Another week, More running and more great news!
Jan 16, 2013 by Kelly Mcmahon
What a great week just passed and looking forward to another great week up ahead.
I finished another 20+ miles of running, not including my early morning boot camp classes and the mix of spin and swimming in between my running days! I always give myself a nice break by enjoying my Sundays with the family and sleeping in to about 7:00 am before I start my day. It's nice to look forward to a relaxing easy going morning and church with the family instead of rushing out the door in the morning to work out.
I am doing all this running and working out for those who can't and while doing all of this I am constantly reminded that I am helping through all of my fundraising to fight for
finding a cure for cancer!
The great news this past week was that Hannah finally came home from the
hospital. Her road to recovery is still a long road ahead but her fight now can
go on at home in the comfort of her own bed and with her family.
Her platelets and ANC continue to go up everyday and she looks fabulous.
As I keep praying for her and her family, I will keep pushing forward with my
fundraising to help find a cure for people like her to keep fighting!
My Fundraising Page
Dec 10, 2012
Welcome to my Team In Training home page.
In just a few short months I will be participating in the Nike Women's Half Marathon in Washington DC as part of a team for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society(LLS). On April 28, 2013, I will cross that finish line knowing that I have helped to raise money along with my team members to help find a cure for blood cancers. It will be an amazing experience to know that through my fundraising and my passion for running that I can help many people improve their quality of life and help to find a cure for cancer. Everyday I see posts on facebook about someone being diagnosed or going through treatment and recently their has been one little girl that has really touched my heart. Her name is Hannah and she lives locally here in New Jersey. I have been following her fight and reading her story for the past few months now and I know that it is people like this little girl that I will be helping when I cross that finish line in April.You can all follow Hannah's story on Facebook by searching Hannah's Fight. Hannah is battling very high risk Hypodiploid Pre-B Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. She was diagnosed in June of 2012 and after two months of intense chemotherapy a match was found and this month she will be receiving her bone marrow transplant. Please help me to find a cure for blood cancers and always remember that no donation is too small and is very much appreciated.

I recently just completed my first full marathon with one of my very close friends who just lost her mother to Multiple Myeloma and she decided to fundraise and raise money to help those affected by this disease. It was amazing to see how many supported her fundraising for her mom and knowing that I could be a part of her journey was a great experience. It made me realize that I could make a difference in many people's lives and when I saw her cross that finish line my decision was made that my next big race would be to run for a cause and be a part of an amazing team that wants to help others find a cure for cancer.

Teams are made up of individuals. Without them, there is no team.

I have a mission-to help find cures and more effective treatments for blood cancers. To accomplish that mission, I’m participating in a sports endurance event as a member of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Team In Training. Like the other members of TNT, I will be raising funds to help find cures and better treatments for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma. I’m improving the quality of my life by participating and with your support, I can help improve the quality of life for patients and their families as well.

Please make a donation in support of my efforts with Team In Training and help advance the research for cures.
Sincerely,
Kelly McMahon

Supporter's Comments

  • "We are proud of you for making a difference, Kelly - Love, Mom and Chandler"
    Mom and Chandler
    Mon Dec 10 09:10:56 EST 2012
  • "Great job Kelly!! We are so proud of you! Love ~ Chris, Jeff, Tyler and Kyle"
    The Thornton family
    Wed Dec 12 08:43:47 EST 2012
  • "Way to go Kelly! Very proud of you."
    Tracy Finegan
    Wed Dec 12 02:13:00 EST 2012
  • "You continue to inspire Kelly! Keep smiling :) Colleen Fossett, Lydia DelRosso, Maureen Brigham and Michelle Powell! "
    The Mullica Hil Women's Tri Club
    Sat Dec 15 09:54:30 EST 2012
  • "Kelly, this is a great thing you are doing! Hope you reach your goal! Good luck!"
    Melanie Pantaleo
    Sun Dec 30 04:58:36 EST 2012
  • "Good luck Kelly!!!"
    Rebecca Lyons
    Thu Jan 03 11:15:54 EST 2013
  • "What a great cause! Good Luck Kelly! "
    Jenine Mumbower
    Fri Jan 04 10:03:00 EST 2013
  • "Good Luck Kelly! You are helping to make a big difference in a lot of peoples' lives."
    Jeneen Harry
    Sun Jan 06 04:21:09 EST 2013
  • "Good luck Kelly!"
    Suzanne Zimmer
    Sun Jan 06 08:55:03 EST 2013
  • "I love you Hannah! You are an amazing, strong and beautiful young lady. II believe in you girlfriend! You will beat this!"
    Michelle McCredy
    Sun Jan 06 09:27:17 EST 2013
  • "You are an inspiration, Kelly! So proud of you! Jessica"
    Jessica Scheiner
    Tue Jan 08 01:33:04 EST 2013
  • "I love ya Kel! Keep running...."
    Jeannie Billmann
    Thu Jan 10 06:07:39 EST 2013
  • "Good Luck Kelly!! Proud to support you and such a great cause!"
    Diana Botto
    Thu Jan 10 08:40:38 EST 2013
  • "Rock on Kelly! Good Luck xo"
    Tricia Anderson
    Tue Jan 15 05:37:11 EST 2013
  • "Good luck Kelly!"
    Michelle Miller
    Wed Jan 16 05:25:12 EST 2013
  • "Towards your goal. So proud of my big sis. Love michael"
    Michael Panhuise
    Wed Jan 16 06:59:57 EST 2013
  • "Good luck, Kelly!!! Love, The Soenens"
    The Soenen Family
    Thu Jan 17 02:23:02 EST 2013
  • "Good Luck!! Hannah will be proud."
    Courtney Samra
    Thu Jan 17 03:55:59 EST 2013
  • "Go Kelly, Thanks for all you do. Uncle Roger and Aunt Judy"
    roger and judy williams
    Fri Jan 18 11:42:19 EST 2013
  • "Good luck on April 28!! We will be cheering you and your team on!! -Drew and Jennifer Chiesa"
    Drew and Jennifer Chiesa
    Thu Jan 24 07:31:33 EST 2013
  • "Babysitting event"
    Babysitting event
    Tue Feb 12 12:42:59 EST 2013
  • "Wishing you a great run Kelly:))) Danica"
    Danica Camann
    Thu Feb 21 06:25:15 EST 2013
  • "SO glad that you are doing this race for such an amazing cause! Great job Kelly! When I did my TNT races I did many in honor of my Aunt Karen (my step mother's sister). She eventually lost her battle to Myeloma but so appreciated the efforts made by all of the runners. Have a great race! Ashley "
    Ashley Freimanis
    Fri Mar 01 03:32:12 EST 2013
  • "Best of luck in this worthy cause."
    Frank Panhuise
    Tue Mar 05 11:01:13 EST 2013
  • "Go Kelly!!"
    Jessica Wilson
    Thu Mar 07 07:12:56 EST 2013
  • "In honor of Connor McMahon's first 5k with love from Gramma and Grampa"
    Mom and Chandler Welch
    Wed Mar 20 12:57:09 EDT 2013

No comments: